Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 23:18:31 +0400 (SAMT)
From: Vlad Harchev <hvv@hippo.ru>
Cc: abiword-dev@abisource.com
To: Tomas Frydrych <tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net>
Subject: Re: a postscript question

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know how to output a character that is >
> 255 into a PS file?

 I've heard that there are 2 options: either call the character by it's Adobe
name (e.g. 'asciitilde'  or '/asciitilde') or change encoding vector (by
emitting PS command) and emit a character whose code is the index of that
glyph in new encoding vector.

 As for 1st way - I was unable to use it for some unknown to me reason (I
don't know PS at all though read intro to PS, so that's unsurprising) - GS
says symbol undefined (I tried to insert the following in the PS file produced
by AW:
	/r show
	r show
 - and got message that 'r' is undefined in both cases). So additional PS code
is needed to be able to call glyphs by their names.

 As for 2nd variant - I didn't try it.

> Thanks
>
> Tomas

 Best regards,